Current research topics:
Conflict-free scheduling of wireless transmissions in a multichannel environment
- Minimum number of slots for data gathering in any network topology,
- Maximum number of transmissions per link to achieve a given reliability on a path,
- Distributed scheduling algorithms in a TSCH (Time Slotted Channel Hopping) network:
. compliant with the approach of the 6TiSCH IETF working group,
. minimizing the data delivery delays and ensuring the reliability requested.
Use of UAVs and mobile robots:
. Coverage of an area, coverage of points of interest, Connectivity (intermittent or permanent) with far nodes,
. Offloading of overloaded access points, Deployment of wireless sensor nodes,
. Data gathering or item gathering like for example unused cars brought back to parking places.
- Minimize the number of mobile robots or UAVs used and their trajectories:
. multi-criteria optimization, genetic algorithms, game theory: hedonic coalition formation.
- Under the constraints of energy, latency, quality of service (QoS) and fairness between the UAVs.
Machine learning techniques in networks and data centers
- Proactive management of resources based on the prediction of resource requests;
. Computation of a bound on the energy saving in a data center,
. Prediction of resource requests.
- Wireless sensor networks: routing based on link quality prediction,
- Content delivery networks: collaborative caching based on content popularity prediction.
Previous research topics:
Energy efficiency in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
- Node activity scheduling,
- Energy efficient routing,
Mobile ad-hoc networks
- QoS routing,
- Optimized flooding in a
multi-hop wireless network,
- Multicast routing,
- QoS support.
- Feasibility conditions
and worst case analysis,
- Quality of service,
- Deterministic guarantee
of end-to-end response time,
- Dimensioning and
- Trajectory approach
versus holistic approach.
- End-to-end deadline
- Guarantee of timing
constraints for a nice viewing of multimedia contents in a video
on demand system,
- Dimensioning and
Distributed real-time systems with persistent objects
- Distributed tasks with
a graph structure and real-time constraints (ex. completion
- Concurrency control,
- Replicas consistency,
- Replicas freshness,
- Fault-tolerance and